Thursday, September 29, 2011

A New eBook!

This week I released an ebook with a few short stories. Some of these stories have been published in national magazines (don't worry, I retained my reprint rights...never sign everything away, people!) and the rest have been published in various places on the web.

None of them are fantasy - all of them are geared toward an 18+ audience. They're a departure from the young adult novels I write.

If these stories are so different, why did I put them out? I created this ebook months ago, but held off on publishing it until a few people started bugging me about it. I'm not going to do a promotional blitz, no giveaways, no free copies for reviewers.

The word count is just under 9,000 words and runs less than fifty print pages.


Introduction

I have quite a few short stories sitting on my hard drive and I thought some of you might like to read them. I’ve included only about half in There’s Orion. I took some out because they were too personal, others because I really don’t like them anymore.

You might be surprised to see that all of these stories are your everyday, average adult stories. No fantasy among them at all. I do have some fantasy stories that might surface in a short story collection in the future...but not today.

There’s Orion gives my readers a more personal look into my life. Some of these stories come from an intensely private place inside me, which is why I chose not to introduce each story individually. I’ll let you wonder which are inspired by my real life.

You’ll find some of these stories amusing, and it’s possible one or two might bring a tear to your eye. Oh, and as a word of warning, Just Desserts is a bit harsh and contains some foul language. I considered leaving it out of the collection in order not to offend, but then I realized leaving it out would destroy a grain of truth that I feel everyone should experience.

I hope you enjoy these shorts on a quiet rainy day or when you’re snuggled up in bed. You may not realize it, but this collection is a gift straight from my heart. I don’t claim them to be of a high literary quality. A few were published on the web in the Friday Flash community. Some appeared in national magazines backs in the late 1990s, when I wrote under a different name and lived a very different life than I lead now.

Peace out,

~Megg

If you're interested, you can purchase There's Orion at Barnes&Noble or Amazon.

1 comment: